When to Display your Flag
The flag should be displayed, from sunrise to sunset, on all days when the weather permits, especially on:
- New Year’s Day, January 1
- Inauguration Day
- Martin Luther King’s Birthday, Third Monday in January
- Lincoln’s Birthday
- Washington’s Birthday, February 22
- Easter Sunday
- Mother’s Day, Second Sunday in May
- Armed Forces Day, Third Saturday in May
- Memorial Day (half-staff until noon), Last Monday in May
- Flag Day, June 14th
- Independence Day, July 4th
- Labor Day, First Monday in September
- Constitution Day, September 17th
- Columbus Day, October 12th
- Navy Day
- Veterans Day, November 11th
- Thanksgiving Day, Fourth Thursday in November
- Christmas Day, December 25th
- Election Days (various)
- Federally observed dates of the above holidays which may be different from the actual dates
- Such days as may be proclaimed by the President of the United States
- State and Local Holidays
An Early Christmas Present Victory Post 70 received a $2,500 grant from the local Walmart to assist community veterans, families ...
Join the Fun at the Children’s Christmas Party Saturday, December 14 at noon Join The Fun 1125 Miller Avenue Shelbyville, ...
Hoosier Legionnaires can now pre-pay their membership dues for 10 years for a one-time payment of only $350.00 or just ...
A federal court ruled this week that the Department of Veterans Affairs wrongly denied reimbursements to veterans who received emergency medical care ...
Football, Beer & Wings! Watch the game with Bucket Beer Night – 5 for $7. Ask about the wings, available ...