When to Display your Flag
The flag should be displayed, from sunrise to sunset, on all days when the weather permits, especially on:
- New Year’s Day, January 1
- Inauguration Day
- Martin Luther King’s Birthday, Third Monday in January
- Lincoln’s Birthday
- Washington’s Birthday, February 22
- Easter Sunday
- Mother’s Day, Second Sunday in May
- Armed Forces Day, Third Saturday in May
- Memorial Day (half-staff until noon), Last Monday in May
- Flag Day, June 14th
- Independence Day, July 4th
- Labor Day, First Monday in September
- Constitution Day, September 17th
- Columbus Day, October 12th
- Navy Day
- Veterans Day, November 11th
- Thanksgiving Day, Fourth Thursday in November
- Christmas Day, December 25th
- Election Days (various)
- Federally observed dates of the above holidays which may be different from the actual dates
- Such days as may be proclaimed by the President of the United States
- State and Local Holidays
COMMANDER’S CENTENNIAL DINNER & DANCE COME OUT AND CELEBRATE VICTORY POST 70’S 100TH BIRTHDAY FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 2019 6PM-11:30PM TICKETS ...
Can You Help? Every day, there are Veterans in our community who are unable to get to their medical appointments ...
Tax Relief for Military Retirees This past May, Governor Eric Holcomb signed into law legislation providing tax relief for many ...
The American Legion’s home city will host the centennial celebration of the nation’s largest veterans service organization August 23 – ...
The U.S. House passed the bipartisan LEGION Act on Tuesday, July 23, extending the recognized wartime era back to Dec. ...