When to Display your Flag
The flag should be displayed, from sunrise to sunset, on all days when the weather permits, especially on:
- New Year’s Day, January 1
- Inauguration Day
- Martin Luther King’s Birthday, Third Monday in January
- Lincoln’s Birthday
- Washington’s Birthday, February 22
- Easter Sunday
- Mother’s Day, Second Sunday in May
- Armed Forces Day, Third Saturday in May
- Memorial Day (half-staff until noon), Last Monday in May
- Flag Day, June 14th
- Independence Day, July 4th
- Labor Day, First Monday in September
- Constitution Day, September 17th
- Columbus Day, October 12th
- Navy Day
- Veterans Day, November 11th
- Thanksgiving Day, Fourth Thursday in November
- Christmas Day, December 25th
- Election Days (various)
- Federally observed dates of the above holidays which may be different from the actual dates
- Such days as may be proclaimed by the President of the United States
- State and Local Holidays
We would like to invite you to our official Victory Post #70 Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/shelbyvillelegionpost70/ and like it if ...
To Properly fold the American flag: 1. Bring the striped half up over the blue field. 2. Then fold it ...
The American Legion Shelbyville Victory Post 70 was chartered on September 15, 1919. In beginning, there were 26 chartered members. ...
The General Post Meeting is once a month, on the 3rd Monday of each month at 7:00 pm. Please plan ...
The Sons of The American Legion Victory Post 70 (S.A.L.) is a program of The American Legion. Membership in the S.A.L. is ...