The American Legion Victory Post 70 Shelbyville Indiana was chartered on September 15, 1919. In the beginning, there were 26 chartered members. The first post commander was Dr. L.C. Sammons, and the first officer installation has held in October of 1919.
Through many decades since, Post 70 has and continues to care about America, our fellow veterans, our families, and our children. We participate in our community, donate to charity, and sponsor programs to educate our children.